Through the analysis of primary documents, students will compare and contrast the assassinations of Lincoln and Kennedy by composing a well-researched essay.
- How are events in different periods of history related?
- What comparisons can be drawn between Lincoln's assassination and JFK's assassination?
- How does the country respond to presidential assassination?
- How can primary and secondary sources be used in a compare and contrast essay?
- Make connections between and recall information about seemingly disparate historical events
- Draw conclusions based on the similarities that exist between the two assassinations
- Independently conduct research on primary source articles about the response of the nation to the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy
- Draft an essay outlining the similarities and differences of the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy
- Visually compare and contrast the two assassinations by placing key points on a chart